Monday, March 21, 2016

Intro to Sculpture

Intro to Sculpture

Main Project: 


Plan: 
Inspiration:
  1. I picked this project because I really liked the idea of taking old or common objects and turning them into something new and unified. I was drawn to this medium because I liked how in each sculpture I looked at, I could see each tiny piece individually and also see how everything fit together as a whole to make the piece.
  2. Some difficulties I had to overcome in this project were working with tiny and sometimes delicate pieces, getting things in position exactly the way I wanted them (especially the tiny ribbon bows I had to tie), and repeatedly burning my fingers with hot glue.
  3. I think the robots themselves are the most successful part of this piece, because I think they are very fun and individual, and for the most part they turned out exactly how I wanted them to. However, if I could change one thing, it would be the blouse on the bride robot because I couldn't get it quite right.
Mini Magazine Challenge: 


  1. In this project, I enjoyed picking out the pictures from different magazines to use for the piece and making them into a fun shape. (I mainly used pictures of nature scenes from an issue of National Geographic from the 1970's.) However, I didn't like working with hot glue because when I tried to put it together, the magazine poles kept getting glued to my fingers and I kept getting burned by the hot glue gun.
  2. From this project, I learned about how you can make sculptures that are abstract and vary based on the angle you look at them from, and that hot glue is difficult to work with.








No comments:

Post a Comment